Christian Science Reading Room
Downtown San Diego
522 "C" Street
San Diego, CA 92101-5208
(Mailing Address: 525 B Street, #3, San Diego, CA 92101-5208)
Tel: (619) 234-1685
Tuesday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Closed Mondays & Holidays
Come and visit our Reading Room in the heart of downtown San Diego between Fifth and Sixth Avenues at 522 “C” Street. The San Diego Trolley makes a stop directly in front of the Reading Room.
You will find a warm welcome and lots of great resources at this Reading Room which is generously maintained by all of the Christian Science churches in San Diego County. We welcome over 200 visitors each month.
More Reading Rooms in San Diego
Every church has a Reading Room.
Find a Church and Reading Room in San Diego County.
Talk on healing at Reading Room
Alex Fischer, Christian Science Practitioner from Pau, France, gave a noon talk at the Downtown Reading Room on "Finding the light that frees us from fear." It was a warm-hearted and truly inspiring 30-minute talk with several outstanding healings from Alex's own life. Then, he answered questions from those attending, including several people from the downtown community. After the Q&A session, everyone enjoyed a light lunch.
Watch for upcoming talks on healing in San Diego.
Explore our Joint Reading Room
- We have wonderful volunteers who work in the Reading Room, and our head librarian, Lidya Sanchez, makes sure the shelves are stocked with current publications, including the Christian Science Monitor Weekly, Christian Science Sentinel, Christian Science Journal, and Weekly Bible Lesson.
- Often people come in looking for Bible stories for children. Some visitors come in on a regular basis to listen to lectures and read. Others just come in to look around and ask questions. Everyone is welcome!
- You'll find a selection of Bibles in English and Spanish, including large print, as well as the Christian Science textbook, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy in twelve languages.
- Some of the attendants speak Spanish fluently and are able to answer questions and share Christian Science with the many Spanish-speaking visitors who come into the Reading Room. The large signs in the front window reading “Dios te Ama” and “Curacion” welcome Spanish-speakers.
- The Reading Room Prayer Team focuses on praying for all seeking healing, for a safer and cleaner environment in downtown, and for divine Principle’s guidance for government authorities working to provide wise solutions to ending homelessness in San Diego.
Next time you are in the downtown San Diego area we hope you will stop by and visit this vibrant Christian Science Reading Room.
The Christian Science Reading Room of San Diego County has been in the downtown area in one location or another welcoming visitors for over 30 years.
Annual Open House
Reading Room workers, supporters and visitors enjoyed an Open House with a talk by Rick Mannerino, CS. on "What am I expecting." The talk was also available via Zoom.